Biohome Ultimate is identical to Mini with the addition of trace elements to support beneficial bacteria growth. Bacteria growth in Ultimate is very fast to control ammonia and nitrite. BIOHOME aids in the elimination of toxins such as ammonia, nitrite and nitrate. Other filter media products can assist (although not as effectively) in minimizing ammonia and nitrite but are not effective in dealing with nitrate. This is why regular water changes are critical for eliminating the nitrate. BIOHOME is different as it can minimize not only ammonia and nitrite but also assists in eliminating nitrates as well. When using BIOHOME, your need for water changes are substantially reduced resulting in a healthier environment and less stressed fish. Better for your fish and better for you – less maintenance!
- 450g of Biohome Ultimate Filter Media
- Recommended 1-2 kgs for 120L or larger
- ONE OF THE BEST FILTER MEDIA YOU CAN BUY
- Support beneficial bacteria growth, Great for canister, HOB and sump filters.
- Fast control ammonia and nitrite, promotes odorless and clear water
Biohome estimated amounts required
Through years of Biohome being used in all sorts of aquariums and ponds the recommended amounts of Biohome needed to see a good reduction in nitrate (full cycle filtration) are as follows:
Average community tropical aquarium = 1kg per 100 litres
Average coldwater aquarium = 1kg – 1.5kg per 100 litres
Goldfish aquarium = 1.5kg – 2kg per 100 litres
Predator aquarium = 1.5kg – 2kg per 100 litres
Large cichlid aquarium = 1.5kg – 2kg per 100 litres
Malawi / Tanganyikan aquarium = 1.5kg – 2kg per 100 litres
Marine aquarium = 1.5kg – 2kg per 100 litres
Average mixed fish pond = 1kg per 200 litres
Average koi pond = 1kg per 150 litres
Biohome media types and their most suitable filters:
- Biohome Standard = small internal, small external, DIY ornament filter, overhead, small HOB
- Biohome Plus = (as above)
- Biohome Mini Ultra = external, large internal, large DIY ornament filter, overhead, sump, large HOB
- Biohome Ultra = sump, shower / trickle filter
- Biohome Ultimate = external, large internal, large DIY ornament filter, overhead, sump, large HOB
- Biohome Maxi Ultimate = sump, shower / trickle filter
- Biohome Ultimate Marine = external, large internal, large DIY ornament filter, overhead, sump, large HOB
- Biohome Maxi Ultimate Marine = Sump
- Biogravel / Biogravel Marine = small internal, small external, DIY ornament filter, under gravel, Biorbs
- Biohome Shower = Shower / Trickle filters for ponds
Video explaining what Biohome is and what it comprises of and why you should use it.
Biohome Ultimate where is is from?
Biohome is manufactured in the United Kingdom has has been used by the with Koi in South East Asia. Only in recent years the product was discovered by Richard Thew better know as his YouTube alias “Pondguru“. He now markets and distributes this product globally after suggesting some improvements to the manufacture which ended up with the products that we know todays. The product variations are made to suit the product to different applications and improve the “cycling” ability of the product by adding nitrying bacteria to some.
Biohome Ultimate why should you consider using it?
Biohome is considered “one” of the best filter media due to is ability to colonize bacteria in the honey comb created inside the splintered glass which is also incredibly porous which allows a lot of water to pass through it effectively. These two properties make it very good. As well as its durability, it can last many years preforming this task. Protected by other media from mud and slime this media can do its jobs well. Due to the development of the product is is very versatile and filtering in most filter setup with ease.